combomelt, from ENE used my list to create an awesome video, please watch it and drop a comment,
Some fresh lies of nuke:
- The world should stop making Solar and Wind because China made a mess to mine the materials needed, and that this mess is equivalent to the nuclear waste created in the normal operations of the nuclear industry, and we can also ignore the uranium mining operation used for nuclear material.
Yippie, another "lie of nuke"
Load vary constantly during the day and night, and nuke is god awful at load following.
In contrast, solar provides energy to the grid when the grid needs it the most, and solar owners buy energy from the grid when the grid needs the "sales" the most at night. Its a perfect complement to the grid.
But thanks....I added it to the list of one liner lies of nuke.
- All the worlds nuke fuel waste to date, all preserved well out of the environment, would fit on a football field, a mininscule fraction of the deadly toxic forever solar waste now leaching into water supplies from land fills everywhere.
- If you want solar PV you have to install lots of very expensive batteries.
- Only 1 major accident every 1,000,000 years ( hmmm or make that 10)
- Putting the nuclear waste buried on a peninsula jutting into Lake Huron is the "best solution"
- "It's just old gloves and rags" at WIPP
- You can't prove that nuclear caused the increase in cancer because there were other industrial things going on also. Debunk: These charts make it real clear
- Don't be worried over nuclear. Its really small potatoes in the grand scheme of things.
- The lie about energy storage technology MUST be invented before shutting down nuke "Yes, we MUST DECLARE, our first Terra-Joule storage media, to implement it. And we must IMPLEMENT it, prior to shutting down the gawdawful NPP."
- The accident was on the "non nuclear" side of the plant. Sheesh, heard this one 3 times in 3 months.
- "Solar Energy has no future because it takes more energy to create the solar panels, than the solar panel produces in it's lifetime"
- "Nobody could have predicted such rare occurrence."
- "We were previously unaware of problems."
- "Our best and brightest people are on the job."
- "It was only a minor incident."
- "Our customers are important to us."
- FactCheckers's one liner: expose children to radiation so they will be immune to radiation later in life.
- Troll at ENE: no thanks. You have your own anti nuke jihad ..I don't care for radicalized soldiers.
- There have been no releases from the plant above normal levels.
- The only thing the anti nukes have are FUD fear uncertainty doubt
- You are also wrong about the 30 Bq/lb being harmful, I weigh under 200 lbs and I emit 6000 Bq of radiation from the naturally occurring isotopes in my body.
- stock here: just the amount of "low level" waste they want to still put into WIPP, is enough to, if spread evenly among all humans, animals, fish, plankton, plants of all sorts, to bring the entire world up to 70 Bq/lb. And animals at 30 Bq/lb start having severe health problems. I gave you the whole quote so you can understand the lie in context for items 17 and 18
- There is enough water in an Olympic swimming pool if spread evenly among all humans to drown all of humanity.
- There is enough salt in a single salt mine that if spread evenly among all humans would cause electrolyte imbalance severe enough to kill all of humanity.
- There is no such thing as a moderated prompt criticality
- If you walk on some of the worlds "therapeutic" beaches, and you track that naturally radioactive sand in your house, the dose rate in your domicile and total dose integrated over time to its occupants will be greater than most of Fukushima.
- Also from the atomtroll: In reality the annual deaths due to war has decreased. The dramatic end to WWII saved millions of lives from the impending invasion of Japan, Nuclear bombs saves lives--an inconvenient truth about it all
- No one died at Fukushima, the 5 lethal doses was just a mistake that the NRC put into writing, it was a misunderstanding in the fog of war.
- Myth I – The Fukushima accident is a “Triumph” of nuclear technology, it proves it works safely – Reality: It raises some important questions about aspects of nuclear safety
- Myth II – Only 56 people were killed by the Chernobyl accident – Reality: The death toll from Chernobyl was many times higher, in the thousands or possibly tens of thousands
- Myth III – Radiation isn’t that dangerous at all, it’s over exaggerated by the media, why the impact of Chernobyl was no worse than a few dozen chest x-rays each, and TMI was no worse than you’d get eating a banana – Reality: The effects of radiation from artifical sources is potentially quite serious
- Myth IV – Nuclear power is cheaper than any of the alternatives – Reality: Its actually more expensive than most of the alternatives!
Myth VI – there’s plenty of fissile material in the world – Reality: While no immediate supply problems are anticipated, ultimately the world’s stockpiles of fissile material are limited in scale
- Myth VII – We can’t build Renewables fast enough only nuclear power plants can be built quickly enough to prevent climate change – Reality: The current build rate of nuclear power stations is a small fraction of the annual build rate of renewables, even the maximum ever build rate of NPP’s in the 70′s is still exceeded by the currrent build rate of renewable systems
- Myth VIII – Yes, you’ve highlighted several problems but you see once we get these new fast reactors working all these problems will be solved – Reality: Fast-reactors are a failed series of white elephants that are unlikely to ever work
Myth IX – All these problems will be solved when we develop Fusion, which will happen in the near future – Reality: While we’re making progress, its far to early to say when Nuclear Fusion will become commercially viable….if ever!
Myth X – Disposal of nuclear waste is easily solved, indeed we’ve already sorted it out – Reality: While there are options available, the nuclear industry is not pursing them, this is leading to a gradually worsening problem which needs to be tackled soon
- Nuclear is "special power" so people should "act for" nuclear and simply pay us more money even though the plant is not economic/competitive
Stop press, Bonus feature! Myth XI – We need to use MOX and reprocessing to stop Terrorists getting their hands on Plutonium in the future – Reality: This statement merely shows how out of touch the nuclear industry is….with reality!
- stock here: "If you are
continually intaking CS137, then the idea of a short biological half life loses
it's minimization effect. You come to a steady state level in your body,
and it can be very dangerous."
Ecowatch Troll greenthinker: In order to accumulate enough CS137 to make a statistically significant change in cancer rate you would have to eat a kilogram of tea leaves every week, since between the lowered concentration of CS137 that seeps into the tea water and the absorption rate (~5%) you have absolutely miniscule amounts entering your body.
- Troll silliness from the atomsforpeace monster: Fukushima wasn't a nuclear explosion because the neutrons would have been seen as a large spike on plant instruments.
- Tea is the only thing with Cesium that matters
- Second hand smoke is more dangerous, so you can ignore radioactivity.
They lie to our face and think we are stupid. There will be a backlash, a tipping point. These bronto cows will be TIPPED, lol
Another lie --about energy storage from item 4 above
Yes, we MUST DECLARE, our first Terra-Joule storage media, to implement it. And we must IMPLEMENT it, prior to shutting down the gawdawful NPP.
I guess that is a 2 liner lie of nuke, let me address the lie.
Implication that we must have Terr-Joule storage, invented, and built, before we shut down nuclear power plants. What utter rubbish, with simple conservation we could shut down all NPP in USA tomorrow. And we don't need Terra-Joule size storage, storage to even out renewable sources can be much more discrete and distributed, just like the power generated from PV. For instance, your car battery can be part of the storage solution.
No we don't need to implement EVERY solution to the future in order to start shutting down nuclear now. Phase it out, be smart about it, phase out the worst nuke and worst coal simultaneously.
Well I added another one liner lie. Rod Adams helped me find this lie when one of his twitter buddies did a post on how solar energy never has a chance for the future because making the solar energy devices takes more energy than they produce in their lifetime. Wow, the levels these pimps will stoop to to promote their 'precious' nuclear radiation cartel.
The reality is that for PV panels, it takes about 6 months of energy production of the device in order to offset the energy used in producing the device. And the lifetime is at least 30 years.
The lie in one liner form
"Solar Energy has no future because it takes more energy to create the solar panels, than the solar panel produces in it's lifetime"
You can probably use the search function to find some backup to each of these lies of nuclear. When someone, be it media, a research organization, a government speaker, whoever, starts pimping out one of these lies, then you can start reading their material in a new, more suspicious light.
As a future project, I intend on following each sentence with a link to a concise debunk of each of these lies. Its like shooting fish in a barrel. Anyone who wants to volunteer a link and debunk, send as a comment.
As you folks come across other nice One Liners, drop them as comments and I will add to the list.
- ''No immediate health effects''
- ''At safe levels to eat''
- ''Nuclear is safe"
- "Nuclear is cheap"
- ''Dispersion in the ocean makes it harmless''
- ''Dilution is the solution''
- ''Too low to measure''
- ''Safer than eating a banana''
- "Larger dose from flying on an airplane"
- "Sleeping next to someone gives you a larger radioactive dose"
- "Become I131 radiation rapidly depletes due to quick half life, we don't have to worry about any of the radiation."
- ''Nuclear power is too cheap to meter"
- ''Part of background''
- ''Definitely not caused by radiation''
- ''We can rule radiation out as the cause''
- ''No need to test''
- ''Harmless at current levels''
- ''It was a hydrogen explosion at Fukushima, impossible to have a nuclear explosion''
- "Because you cannot prove that the disease was caused by a specific radiation, the information is not valid until proven by the scientific method."
- "Nuclear is safe because they have backup power"
- "Nuclear is safe because background radiation is high, so don't worry about a little more"
- "The radiation from that release is in 'the noise' of the background radiation"
- "It's green and clean"
- "Nuclear is the only thing that can save the climate from excess carbon"
- "Nuclear plants have pooled insurance"
- "The nuclear plants were forced by the NRC to set aside enough money to fully decommission the plant when it is done with its life." ----------- Sellafield $70B
- "The original 40 year number wasn't the 'design life' it was just an arbitrary number that meant nothing"
- "When we are done with the plant, we will return the land in an untouched 'greenfield' condition"
- "The NRC makes nuclear industry safe by regulating them"
- "The IAEA regulates the worldwide nuclear industry"
- "No deaths caused by nuclear radiation from civilian plants"
- "Just keep smiling and radiation will not hurt you"
- "Thorium reactors are completely safe"
- "Defense in depth 'safety protocol' at nuke plants means that a major accident should only happen about every 2000 years."
- "All the nuclear waste in the world could fit in a football field"
- "The solution for nuclear waste is a single permanent repository"
- "Nuclear power emits ZERO CO2"
- "Reactors cannot blow up like nuclear bombs"
- "No radiation from Japan will reach the USA"
- "Price-Anderson is what brings nuclear regulation to any nuclear activity"
- "Our meters are so good, and can measure radiation so small, that we refuse to present any actual data because it will just scare people"
- "The fear of radiation is much more harmful than the radiation itself"
- "We are from the government, we are here to help"
- "A little bit of radiation is actually good for you, are you getting enough?"
- "At no time was there any danger to the public"
- "Just because a nuke worker was sent home 'unfit to work' doesn't actually mean anything important"
- "Fukushima not as bad as Chernobyl"
- "None of the radiation went into the ocean it was all contained in the 1.4 SQ KM 'zone' <Abe>"
- "Fukushima is in cold shutdown"
- "Fukushima will absolutely not effect the 2020 Olympics"
- "There are good people working in nuclear, therefore you shouldn't talk bad about their chosen profession"
- "Don't worry about living within 20 miles of a reactor, just take your iodine pill when the authorities tell you to, and you will be fine."
- "If you are Anti-Nuke, that means you are pro-coal"
- "If you are Anti-Civilian Nuclear Reactors, then you are anti- nuke submarines and therfore, anti national security"
- "There have only been a handful of nuclear accidents"
- "What you are measuring is leftover from the cold war bomb testing"
- "Cancer is normal and wide spread"
- "You can drink 32g of Plutonium and you'll be fine"
- "No one was killed by Fukushima"
- "There was no plutonium released by Fukushima"
- "No one could have predicted a tsunami so high"
- Reactor 4 was a hydrogen explosion with hydrogen transferred from Reactor 3 ------
- "Solar Energy has no future because it takes more energy to create the solar system, than the solar system produces in it's lifetime"
Add ons from readers!
- "Nuclear power is too cheap to meter"
- "There will always be power and backup generators to prevent a meltdown."
- "Humanity can contain the atom and it won't kill the innocent."
- "Each nuclear plant insures itself, and just in case their insurance runs out, there is plenty of extra coverage in 'pooled insurance' from all the reactors."
- "Entergy is NOT a slum lord"
- "Anyone who is opposed to nuclear power is a 'fearmonger' "
- "All those poor people in Japan are dying because they are homesick, they never should have been evacuated from Fukushima" <this coming from a nuclear engineering professor>
- "Diabetes in Fukushima kids being caused by radiophobic parent forcing kids to play indoors leading to unhealthy lifestyle"
- "Increased cancers in Japan cannot possibly be caused by Fukushima because cancer takes more time to grow."
- "No one died from Fukushima" ---- FOIA docs says otherwise 5 Death Lethal Rads
- "The radiation on the us coast is not from Fukushima but probably from red radioactive plastic eating utensils" -- We refuse to even rebutt this one, this statement by a State official is insulting in it's ignorance.
- "If we store it deep underground, everything will work out fine" AGR Fallacy of Nuke Storage
- "Plutonium and Americium are heavy metals, so they won't go very far in the air"
- "My family and I live here, therefore it must be safe" Said at the WIPP propaganda dissemination event.
- Concerned Mothers who distrust radiation are "Stupid Rats"
- Arnie is pro-Nuke
- Sodium reactors are safe
- Thorium reactors have no waste
- Reactor grade plutonium is not the same as weapons grade plutonium
- Transmutation the alchemist's dream
- Brown's Gas
- Roy's Process can make it all go away
- "Cold" fusion
- Nuclear energy is to increase water availability/nuke can power desalinization
- Radioactive particles decay to safe non-radioactive particles
- Radiation is good for you (aka whoremesis)
- Safe repository in geology assures of long term safety
- Clean and green
- No CO2 emissions
- The dropping of the Atomic Bomb at Hiroshima was necessary, it saved hundreds of thousands of lives. Debunk ---- http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v16/v16n3p-4_Weber.html
I apologize to some contributors who listed their comments on other sites...while do multiple updates, some of my earliest started updates, "covered up" subsequent updates! Sheesh, I hate is when that happens. Maybe I'll just ask the NSA for an interim archive version, LOL!
30 Ways The Nuclear Industry Deceives Everyone; via @AGreenRoad