I made this chart. Several other blogs have copied it nearly verbatim, and I am happy that others want to spread actionable information to protect people (would have been nice to get a proper credit though). I had the chart translated to Japanese as I was sending a Geiger to Japan to help families address their real risk. See bottom for the Japanese version.
This is a super condensed table on how to interpret Geiger Readings. Use it to supplement your own research and getting a "block of knowledge".
If you take this radiation stuff at all seriously, then get a Geiger. All the rest is guesswork.
Radiation Alert Inspector, $530 to $600 Amazon
This table is based on the Radiation Alert Inspector which is a fine pancake tube type device. The Clicks that any device produces are based on its own "efficiency" in detecting various types of the alpha, beta, or gamma. These can then be converted to a mSv making a huge assumption, i.e. the isotope. Usually Cs is chosen for this guess. But you don't really know the mSv until you know the isotopes involved.
If you have a cheaper, small tube type Geiger, you are going to pick up less Clicks.
And Here are LIVE radiation reports from independent reporting stations.
I am sending my Radiation Alert Inspector to Japan to a family that needs real data---soooo You won't see an Oahu based reporting station until I get my next Geiger delivered.
Japan –only 2 to 5 reporting sites
- Manifesto - Why Shut Them Down
- Radiation Removal
- Rad Prep Shelter in Place Checklist
- Uranium Aerosolized Into Atmosphere
- Videos, Fukshima Blew Up in a Prompt Criticality
- Gundersen Email / Theories
- Largest Lies of Nuke
- Baseline is Just One Of The Lies
- Hormesis Is a Lie
- Nuke Accidents 101
- Renewable Energy PV
- Carrington Event and Astronomy
- Rad Maps, Earthquakes, Nuke Bombs
- Chernobyl Documentary 500K
- Conversions / Safety Limits
- Pictures - High Quality
- Prepper/Survival Resources And Protection from Radiation
- List of Reactors