Nuke makes no sense from an economic viewpoint.
It costs around $15B to build a modern nuke plant, and takes about 10 years.
Investors want a 10% or even 20% annual rate of return in general, maybe on something super safe and reliable they would be willing to receive 7%.
But with nuke, picture that at year 5 you have the heavy infrastructure in place, much of the big money spent, say $10B,
At that point investors would want at least $1B minimum a year, and yet you have to wait 5 more years to get anything.
Typical nuke plants generate around $250M per year in profits.
At completion----if they are not shut down by protests and shoddy workmanship-----the investors money has been tied up for ten years and with $15B invested
So now they can make $250M per year if all goes well.
$250M / 15B = 1.66% Annual Rate of Return ---which is a total joke, no investor would want this deal, so why are nuke plants being built?
The military /industrial nuke cartel doesn't go down easily, they keep chasing after their cheese in the same old places they always found it, even though it makes no sense.
I can easily get 25% annual rate of return on a solar electric investment. That means that solar is a 15 times better investment, and no evacuation zone and no eternal vigilance over the waste products.
Shut Them All Down!
- Videos, Moderated Prompt Criticality, real test by Argonne Nat'l Lab, and more
- Gundersen Email and Theories
- Radiation Removal
- Manifesto - Action Plan
- Conversions and Safety Limits
- Manifesto - Why Shut Them Down
- Radiation Preparation Resources
- Largest Lies of Nuke
- Pictures - High Quality
- Chernobyl, How Real Men Fight a Nuke Diasaster
- Prepper/Survival Resources
- Renewable and Energy Efficiency
- Carrington Event and Astronomy
- Hormesis Is a Lie, Radiation that does not kill you, DOES NOT make you stronger
- Movies, Earthquakes, Nuke Bombs, and Rad Maps
- Baseline is Just One Of The Lies
- Uranium Aerosolized Into Atmosphere
- List of Reactors
- Nuke Accidents Civilian and Military 99 since 1950